• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Depression?

Breeeb

Greenlighter
Lately i have been waking up almost unbearably sad. Getting up for work is hard and when i do get there alot of the time i sit there and just cry. The oddest thing , i dont know why. I love my job, my family and i have a great boy friend. Im not sure why i feel this way. Has this happened to anyone ? And do you know why? What do you suggest i do?​

happened too me, was on top of the world, family healthy nd great, good job, good car just travelled the world.
these things do happen tho.
consider seeing a social worker, they will help assist you through your tough times, altho everything seems good if your sad on the inside somethings obviously up.....
a social worker will help determine whether you have a mental illness or whether its stress related and guide you from there, your doctor will refer you to treatment which is needed,

of course you can always examine your diet and excercise pattern this too play a critical role on your mental health.
wish you the best of luck

Check your diet, excercise habits, the amount of time you spend in front of the TV and computer. And perhaps maybe the most important (and easiest to deal with), your sleep patterns.

Have you been sleeping well? And if you haven't, why not? Is the duration long (8-11 hours)? Too much sleep will leave you tired through out the day, and can make you depressed.

Your diet should be the first thing to look towards. Are you eating the right foods? Are you taking in enough vitamins? How you take care of your body with your food determines your health for the rest of your life.

A simple vitamin deficiency can cause chronic depression, most psychiatrists do not tell you this because they aren't trained in nutrition, they are trained to tackle the problem from a completely different perspective.

In addition to what others have already suggested, after assessing and adjusting your diet and lifestyle routines as necessary, and then if you're still really struggling with these feelings of depression I would recommend that you see your doctor.

I experienced this so much during the course of this year, and I also couldn't locate the source of the problem... Until I finally switched off my computer and went outside. Haha.

Spending time outside makes me incredibly happy, fills me with peace and gives me the time and perspective needed to think about my life. If you really do have a mental illness, this probably won't solve all your problems, but it's an amazing start... and you sound just like I did.

- Therapy
- Exercise
- Set goals to achieve things you feel happy thinking about, eg. working hard towards your degree at university, studying hard for a test, drawing or painting more, losing weight, whatever it is
- Get all the right nutrients - can't be stressed enough
- Take walks, appreciate nature

...well, that's it from me.

The miracle that helped me overcome my depression was seeing an acupuncturist. When I first became depressed, I went to a therapist then a psychologist who then prescribed me an SSRI then an SSNRI. Neither worked for me, they just made me feel like a zombie.

I then saw an acupuncturist. She recommended that I take some herbs for depression (Salvia 10 Formula--By Golden Flower Chinese Herbs). I loved this approach, and it has worked for many people (acupuncturist said).

I'd give diet, workout, and sleep special attention first then try homeopathics a go before jumping into antidepressants.

The miracle that helped me overcome my depression was seeing an acupuncturist. When I first became depressed, I went to a therapist then a psychologist who then prescribed me an SSRI then an SSNRI. Neither worked for me, they just made me feel like a zombie.

I then saw an acupuncturist. She recommended that I take some herbs for depression (Salvia 10 Formula--By Golden Flower Chinese Herbs). I loved this approach, and it has worked for many people (acupuncturist said).

I'd give diet, workout, and sleep special attention first then try homeopathics a go before jumping into antidepressants.

very interesting, im one for giving homeopathics a shot for sure.
i responded extremely well with hypnotherapy and have never tried acupuncture, sounds very interesting, glad it worked for you!

misteee said:
very interesting, im one for giving homeopathics a shot for sure.
Homeopathy is a very specific set of ideas about healing. One is "like cures like". You treat the symptoms with a drug or poison that would cause the same symptoms that you are experiencing and secondly that those substances be prepared by serial dilution and agitation within water called succussion. Its believed the water absorbs all the good and that the higher the agitated dilution gets the more good it gets. I like alternative medicine. I think its important that homeopathy not be conflated with other forms of alternative medicine because I honestly consider homeopathy pure nutfuckery.

Naturopathy is oriented to using herbs, vitamins, and other "natural" means. Some naturopaths are very into having evidence based practices that rely on things like double blind studies and a knowledge of physiology, biochemistry, botany, and other sciences. Some naturopaths have less evidence based practices as well but they are a totally different animal than homeopathy.

sometimes you can never cure depression ime anyway ive been plagued by this crippling illness for 7 years tried everything and the one thing that helps is SEX.

but its hard getting sex (without paying for a hooker-which doesnt help anyway) when you feel like utter sh1t 24/7

I wish I knew how to feel better.... Mental pain is all I know nowadays

breeb,
are you taking any medications such as sleeping pills or other prescribed meds ? street drugs as well ?
the reason i asked is that i was driven down into better than 6 mos. of severe depression complete with no respite from suicidal ideation .
it was because of 14 consecutive months of ambien for chronic insomnia - this from an incompetent VA quack P-doc.
indesperation i tried 2 other psych docs and hit paydirt when i visited a highly recommended holistic psychiatrist/psychologist who took less than a quarter hour to tell me the ambien is causing wreckage in your mind cease it.
24hours later the climb out of the pit went at breakneck speed.
all these strong psychoactive meds have strong, sometimes debilitation side effects - so for me less is more.